They have increased the opening bonus this year. This one should be a easy deal for all working people.
- Receive $1000+ direct deposits for three consecutive months by 12/31/2019
Requirements to receive the $250 bonus:
Open a new personal Any Deposit Checking account with a promotion code either online at bankofthewest.com or in a branch between 08/05/19 – 09/13/19 with any opening deposit amount ($0.01 or more). Opening deposit must post to the account by 09/27/19. This offer is also available for any other consumer checking account (minimum $100 to open). UCB Student Checking and Bank of the West Premier Checking accounts are excluded.
Then customer must make direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more, monthly for three consecutive calendar months by 12/31/19 to the new checking account. Two or more separate direct deposits in a single month that add up to $1,000 qualify. A qualifying direct deposit must be payroll, Social Security, pension or other government benefits. Non-qualifying direct deposits include transfers from Bank of the West or Bank of the West affiliate accounts or any credit from Bank of the West, or person-to-person transfers using a mobile payments service such as Zelle, or deposits made at a branch or ATM. Calendar months do not necessarily coincide with statement cycles. Qualifying deposits must be funds new to the Bank. All deposits must be posted by 12/31/19.
- Offer is not available to existing Bank of the West customers with an open checking account as of 08/04/19.
- If the customer or other individuals residing at the same address received or may receive any other consumer checking bonus from the Bank between 01/01/18 – 01/30/20, then no one at that address is eligible.
- Limit of one $250 consumer checking bonus per individual and per mailing address.
- Account must be in open status and have a positive balance as of 12/31/19 to be eligible to receive any bonus.
- Bonus will be credited to the open checking account by 01/31/20.
- Offer end date and availability subject to change without prior notice.
- Promotion code required with account application.
Offer does not apply to second or multiple checking accounts. Bank will classify the bonus as interest paid to the checking account. Any applicable taxes associated with this offer are the responsibility of the account holder. To the extent required by law, Bank will report total value of the offer to the IRS on Form 1099 for tax year 2020. All accounts are subject to the Bank's standard terms and conditions and Schedule of Fees and Charges. New money does not include fund transfers between Bank of the West or Bank of the West affiliate accounts or any credits that may be applied from Bank of the West or any Bank of the West affiliate.